Home remedies are one of those things that make every single person think should we go for these, will these work or would it be just a waste of our daily grocery items? Luckily, you’ve come to the right place where I am going to tell you about the best home remedies for glowing skin and also the usefulness of ingredients used in these remedies.
10 Home Remedies for Glowing Skin
Glowing skin is everyone’s dream regardless of gender. But the high cost of skin care products, their side effects and sometimes their no effect makes us go for something on which we can rely and we at least know that this thing is chemical free. So, here are 10 home remedies for glowing skin.
1. Gram flour (Besan)
Gram flour is really good for the skin and makes a really good skin pack with many ingredients. You can make a pack by following these instructions:
- Take 2 or 3 tablespoons of gram flour(besan).
- Now take 1 tablespoon of yogurt.
- Mix them well, and apply on your skin for 20 to 25 minutes.
- You can also use rose water in replacement of yoghurt or even aloe vera gel.
This helps to reduce pigmentation on your face and other parts of the body and also helps in revitalizing the skin.
Honey is on its own one of the best things to exist, whether you take it in meals or with lemon water in the morning, these all things are great for your skin. But a really good face pack with honey can be made either by first applying warm water on the skin and then just simple organic honey. You can also go for a face pack of honey with warm milk, rose water or sandalwood powder.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera gels are so common nowadays in markets. They help moisturize the skin and along with that, they give simple home remedies for glowing skin. Aloe vera mixed with most of the ingredients gives a really good face pack but the following face pack in which you have to just do these 3 things:
- Take 2 or 3 tablespoons of aloe vera gel.
- Mix, 1 tablespoon of honey in Aloe vera gel.
- Now, apply this pack and let it sit for almost 30 minutes to get the best results.
Aloe Vera with egg is also a really good remedy for glowing skin as it helps to nourish and firm your skin. Aloe vera also helps in boosting collagen and hyaluronic acid production of the skin reducing aging signs on the skin.
Turmeric has great anti-aging properties. And along with that it also helps in reducing blemishes and dark spots all over the skin. With turmeric, you might be wondering how to glow skin naturally at home. So, here is the answer:
- Take 2 tablespoons of turmeric.
- Take 1 tablespoon of rice flour or chickpea flour.
- Mix both the dry ingredients with either milk, coconut oil or honey.
- And VOILA! You will get a great face pack for your skin, which if you apply daily will give you the best results as soon as possible.
Milk on its own has great benefits for your skin and if added to your diet then will give miraculous outcomes to your body. Raw milk has lactic acid which helps in reducing pigmentation and skin aging. It can be just applied alone on your skin with a warm cloth or gentle hands, and then let it rest for a while, or you can make many packs with it using it as a mixing agent for those dry ingredients like turmeric or gran flour etc.
Cucumber is used greatly around the eyes to reduce dark circles and as it is a natural ingredient, you can also use it without any worry. You can make great home remedies for glowing skin with cucumber by following these instructions:
- Peel and mash ½ a cucumber.
- Mix the mashed cucumber with 1 tbsp of aloe vera gel or ¼ of yoghurt.
- Apply this pack on your skin for 30 minutes and then remove it with a clean cloth.
- You will see that your skin has become so bouncy and glowy.
7. Coconut Oil Or Olive Oil
Natural essential oils work greatly in moisturizing dry skin and also help in revitalizing the skin. It is better to apply coconut oil or olive oil on its own to make the skin look glowing, as it is one of the best simple home remedies for glowing skin. You can also make a variety of packs for the face or the whole body with these oils.
The best home remedies for glowing skin are a lot from either banana peels or just a banana on its own. One of the best remedies is:
- Take 2 tablespoons of Aloe vera gel.
- Now, take 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Now mix these both ingredients with one over-ripe banana.
- Apply this pack on your skin as it is free from any irritating substance so you can let it sit for easily 30 minutes.
9. Rose Water
Rose water on its own is so beneficial for the skin, as it is used as a toner also and gives a nourishing effect after coming from bright sunlight. One of the best home remedies for glowing skin with rose water is:
- Crush rose petals till a paste is formed or just use rose water instead.
- Now add warm honey and yoghurt into rose water or crushed rose petals paste.
- Apply it gently on your skin and you will be shocked to see the results as it will make your skin glowy and smooth in just one application.
Saffron has great anti-inflammatory and skin irritation-reducing properties.
It can be used for making a variety of home remedies for glowing skin, like you can make this great pack with Saffron.
- Soak saffron and almonds overnight.
- Now, mix both of them with a sandalwood face pack.
- Apply it on your skin and you will see great results.
Glowing and smooth skin, without acne and wrinkles is everyone’s dream, especially young girls. So, to keep up with your youthful look you need to make some efforts. Beauty products nowadays are so costly and have such adverse side effects that it is better to go for safe home remedies for glowing skin. Use some of these remedies and see your skin glow in no time!
- Is raw milk good for oily skin?
Yes, because it unclogs your pores and removes dirt and oil from the skin.
- Are home remedies good to use daily?
They are safe to use daily especially if they don’t contain some ingredient which is too reactive but is better to go for face packs with breaks, as our face skin is really sensitive.
- Can lemon be rubbed directly on the skin?
No, it will cause irritation, sunburn and skin damage.